Contribution Fee Structure for 2018/19
Wildwood ALC is primarily supported through the contributions paid by its families. In determining this process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — program sustainability, trust, access, and responsibility. Wildwood ALC seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer fees on a sliding scale with some families paying less, and some paying more.
The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families. Therefore, instead of vetting each family’s finances, we ask that you make an offer from your personal knowledge of what you can afford. Overall, we ask for less than other similar programs in the area. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility. As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our fee process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the program.
Wildwood is open 3 days a week starting the beginning of September through the 3rd week in May with breaks for holidays and spring break. Keep in mind that fees cover the cost of running the entire program and although you may make monthly payments, we do not pro-rate partial months or when you are unable to attend.
Determining your contribution per child
- The Contribution Tier chart below is meant as a starting point. Review the Tier Chart below to see what our recommended level is for your total family income level per child. *Family income is different than household income and should take into consideration all gross income sources including, but not limited to, salary, child support, support from family, trusts etc. For reference, the median family income in Watauga County is $60,515 .
- Currently, the minimum yearly contribution amount is $1,000 up to $4500.
- If you’re submitting an offer for more than one child, we recommend using the tier below the initial recommendation for the 2nd child as a means of claiming a sibling discount.
- Consider the recommendation you get from the chart. Can you afford it? Can you pay more?
- If you can pay more, consider applying for a higher tier than the recommendation, or making an additional monthly tax-deductible donation.
- If you cannot afford it, choose a lower amount.
- If you wish to offer an amount that falls between 2 tiers, you can propose an alternative amount.
- The sliding scale is only made possible by everyone contributing generously in a way that truly values & prioritizes the program. In order for us to cover our expenses, we need a balance between higher and lower tiers. If there is in an imbalance in contribution amounts, we may not be able to accept your proposal and we will contact you. If we do not have openings at your tier level, we will put you on the waiting list, if so desired.
- Toward the end of the enrollment process, you’ll complete a Contribution Proposal worksheet for each child.
- Our team will review everything and determine if we have space(s) at the tier for which you’re applying. If so, the offer will be accepted. If not, you’ll be placed on a waiting list for that tier. We’ll most definitely communicate with you throughout the process!
- In addition to financial commitment, families are expected to contribute to our collective vision prioritizing community meetings that happen twice per semester. This includes avoiding scheduling conflicts and having at least one parent attend every meeting. Families are also invited to be contribute volunteer time to the program in any way desired…such as making offerings to the group, supporting children’s special endeavors, arranging local community connections and activities, participating in fundraising projects, and repair/construction work.
Our flexible approach is also made possible by generous donations from various individuals and organizations. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to Wildwood, you can use PayPal or email us if you wish to write a check (checks are much preferable, as they save the cost of Paypal fees).